Apple on Tuesday announced the launch of latest iPad Pro line up at its New York event. The latest iPad Pro will come with 11” & 12.9” displays. The upgrade includes Face ID & Liquid Retina Display, sleeker design, thinner bezels, and no home button. These devices come with a faster Apple A12X Bionic chip along with a 7-core Apple graphics chip and a USB Type-C port instead of the proprietary Lightning port. Apple has also upgraded the Apple Pencil with a new design alongside wireless charging support magnetically attaching to the new iPad Pro. “A new touch sensor built onto Apple Pencil detects taps, introducing an entirely new way to interact within apps,” said Apple.
iPad Pro 2018 Price and Availability
The new iPad Pro 2018 range comes in the variety of configurations, here is the full price list:
- iPad Pro 11″ 64GB Wi-Fi – $799 (Rs. 58,725 approx.)
- iPad Pro 11″ 64GB Wi-Fi + Cellular – $949 (Rs. 69,760 approx.)
- iPad Pro 11″ 256GB Wi-Fi – $949 (Rs. 69,760 approx.)
- iPad Pro 11″ 256GB Wi-Fi + Cellular – $1099 (Rs. 80,800 approx.)
- iPad Pro 11″ 512GB Wi-Fi – $1149 (Rs. 84,475 approx.)
- iPad Pro 11″ 512GB Wi-Fi + Cellular – $1299 (Rs. 95,500 approx.)
- iPad Pro 11″ 1TB Wi-Fi – $1549 (Rs. 1,13,890 approx.)
- iPad Pro 11″ 1TB Wi-Fi + Cellular – $1699 (Rs. 1,24,920 approx.)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 64GB Wi-Fi – $999 (Rs. 73,450 approx.)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 64GB Wi-Fi + Cellular – $1149 (Rs. 84,475 approx.)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 256GB Wi-Fi – $1149 (Rs. 84,475 approx.)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 256GB Wi-Fi + Cellular – $1299 (Rs. 95,500 approx.)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 512GB Wi-Fi – $1349 (Rs. 99,185 approx.)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 512GB Wi-Fi + Cellular – $1499 (Rs. 1,10,230 approx.)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 1TB Wi-Fi – $1749 (Rs. 1,28,595 approx.)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 1TB Wi-Fi + Cellular – $1899 (Rs. 1,39,630 approx.)
- Second generation Apple Pencil – $129 (Rs. 9,480 approx.)
- Smart Keyboard Folio – $179 (Rs. 9,480 approx.) (for 11″ iPad Pro) / $199 (Rs. 13,160 approx.) (for 12.9″ iPad Pro)
The iPad Pro will be available to purchase in the US and more than 40 additional countries starting Wednesday, November 7, from apple.com and Apple Stores. It will be made available in Silver and Space Gray colour options. India is not amongst the first wave of launch countries, but instead, Apple has said it will launch the tablets in the country “later this year” with the price starting from Rs. 71,900 and Rs. 89,900 for the 11” and 12.9” models respectively.
iPad Pro 2018 Specifications and features
the all-new iPad Pro sports 11” and 12.9” LCD ProMotion Liquid Retina Display panels with rounded corners. The bezels on the display are significantly smaller and there no home button. The new iPad Pro adopts gesture navigation from the iPhone X. The tablet is powered by the company’s latest in-house Apple A12X Bionic 7nm octa-core processor coupled with a 7-core GPU. It offers up to 1TB storage options.
In terms of optics, the new iPad Pro comes with a 12MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 5P lens, Hybrid IR filter, an improved True Tone Quad-LED flash and support for 4K video recording at 60fps. On the front, it has a 7MP FaceTime HD camera with f/2.2 aperture along with portrait mode. The front camera setup also includes a host sensor including a TrueDepth camera, Dot projector and more to enable FaceID. Face ID brings support for Animoji and Memoji, and it works in both portrait and landscape mode, unlike the iPhone models. Apple has crammed in four sets of speakers on the new iPad Pros that houses two woofers and two tweeters offering a wider stereo sound experience.
The iPad Pro 2018 claims to offer 10-hour battery life and comes with a bundled 18W power adapter. Connectivity options include 4G LTE (optional), Wi‑Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C port. For the first time, Apple has replaced the Lightning connect with USB-C connector, it can also charge your iPhone using a USB Type-C to Lighting cable. Apple has also decided to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack.
For latest tech news and updates follow TechnoCodex on Facebook, Twitter, Google+. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.