Apple rolled out the 3rd upgrade for iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.1. The latest OS update for iPhone and iPad. This small upgrade succeeded iOS 12.1, which was a bigger roll out that offered functions such as Group FaceTime, support for eSim, and Memoji.
In order to update your iOS device to the latest available version, just open the Settings app and tap on General. Now, from the list of options, select Software Update. Similar to the previous iOS updates, you can download it without any cost.
The latest iOS 12.1.1 offers a function that is created to enable users snap a Live Photo while FaceTiming with someone. Now, users can click precious moments and store them forever. Snapping a Live Photo while FaceTiming necessitates the other party on the video call to have the FaceTime Live Photos feature enabled. To enable FaceTime Love Photos, just go to the Settings app. Select FaceTime from the menu and then tap on FaceTime Live Photos. Check if the option is turned off. When it is toggled off, the individuals you FaceTime with will not be able to snap Live Photos.
It comes with an overhauled lower bar that provides buttons for quick access so that users can mute calls and bring up the camera easily. Swiping the bottom bar upwards unleashes more options with the participants of the conversation.
Before this newly released update, FaceTime users had to hit the ellipsis icon to open the secondary menu containing these options, so the new update largely makes these functions more easily accessible.
Now more carriers in Europe will be getting eSIM support on iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. Apart from extended eSIM support, the update also features support for Haptic Touch for expanding notifications. Users can use Haptic Touch to bring up notifications on the Lock Screen by holding down to view more details. This is similar to the 3D touch feature for older iPhone notifications.
Here is the iOS 12.1.1 official release notes:
iOS 12.1.1 adds features and fixes bugs for your iPhone and iPad. Features and improvements include:
– Notification preview using haptic touch on iPhone XR
– Dual SIM with eSIM for additional carriers on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
– One tap to flip between the rear and front-facing camera during a FaceTime call
– Live Photo capture during one-to-one FaceTime calls
– The option to hide the sidebar in News on iPad in landscape orientation
– Real-time text (RTT) when using Wi-Fi calling on iPad and iPod touch
– Stability improvements for dictation along with VoiceOver
Bug fixes include:
– Fixes an issue where Face ID may temporarily become unavailable
– Addresses an issue that prevented visual voicemail from downloading for some customers
– Fixes an issue in Messages that could prevent predictive text suggestions when typing on the Chinese or Japanese keyboards
– Addresses an issue that could prevent Voice Memos recordings from uploading to iCloud
– Fixes an issue where time zones may not have updated automatically
This release also adds features and fixes bugs for HomePod including:
– Support in Mainland China and Hong Kong
– HomePod LEDs illuminate during Group FaceTime calls
For the latest tech news and updates follow TechnoCodex on Facebook, Twitter, Google+. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.