The annual Awesome Games Done Quick 2023 charity speedrunning marathon has ended, with the final total raised eclipsing the $2.6 million mark by the end of the event.
AGDQ 2023 officially raised $2,641,313 during the week-long event, with all proceeds going to the Prevent Cancer Foundation. That number brings the total amount raised during GDQ events to over $43 million.
Four world records were set during the event, which marks the most world records ever achieved during a single Awesome Games Done Quick event. The world record runs were as follows:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge
- Co-op Any% Arcade Old Patch by Benja and Paul-Knives: 56 minutes, 18 seconds
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Any% with Bank Run by Jhay: 2 hours, 54 minutes, 51.33 seconds
- PowerWash Simulator
- 6 Players, All Vehicles, No Soap by Amyrlinn, Bullets, Biglaw, Enigma Requiem, AngelicKnight, and Acadiel: 33 minutes, 31.7 seconds
- Steven Seagal Is The Final Option (Prototype)
- Any% 9 exits by Crak Atak: 21 minutes, 44.6 seconds
Other featured runs include MitchFlowerPower’s Super Mario Brothers 3 run to end the marathon, Metroid Dread being completed in just over an hour and a half, and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales being finished in just over two and a half hours.
The next Games Done Quick event is the all-women Frost Fatales marathon benefitting The Malala Fund February 26-March 4. Summer Games Done Quick 2023 is scheduled for May 28-June 4.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.