claimants can receive boosted housing benefit payments – eligibility explained | Personal Finance | Finance
PIP claimants can receive additional support and perks on top of their actual payments under certain conditions. This can include extra money on top of existing benefits, a reduction in council tax or discounts on travel costs.
PIP itself will provide a payment of between £23.60 and £151.40 per week depending on the severity of the claimants condition(s).
The amount will be based on how the condition affects the claimant and not the actual condition itself.
Claimants may be assessed by a health professional to determine how much they shuold receive from PIP.
These assessments will regularly occur to make sure the claimant is getting the correct level of support.
Initial claims for PIP can be made over the phone or by post and claimants will need to have the following information ready:
- their contact details, for example telephone number
- their date of birth
- their National Insurance number – this is on letters about tax, pensions and benefits
- their bank or building society account number and sort code
- their doctor or health worker’s name, address and telephone number
- dates and addresses for any time they’ve spent abroad, in a care home or hospital