Coronavirus Live News Updates: India case count nears 700-mark; One more casualty in Rajasthan’s Bhilwara
!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Nicaragua reports first death from coronavirus
Nicaragua has registered the Central American country’s first death from coronavirus, an HIV-positive person with multiple health conditions, the health ministry on Thursday
PM Modi attends Virtual G20 Leaders’ Summit to discuss the challenges posed by coronavirus outbreak
- An Extraordinary Virtual G20 Leaders’ Summit was convened on 26 March 2020 to discuss the challenges posed by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic and to forge a globally coordinated response.
- Earlier, PM had a telephonic conversation with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia on this subject.
- The extraordinary G20 Summit was a culmination of the Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting and G20 Sherpas Meeting on the COVID-19 pandemic.
- At the meeting, G20 Leaders agreed to take all necessary measures to contain the pandemic and protect people.
- They also supported strengthening of the WHO’s mandate in the fight against pandemics, including the delivery of medical supplies, diagnostic tools, treatments, medicines, and vaccines.
COVID-19 positive patient dies in Rajasthan’s Bhilwara
A COVID19 positive person has died in Bhilwara, Rajasthan. He had comorbid conditions including diseases relating to kidney and blood pressure: Rajan Nanda, Principal, Mahatma Gandhi Hospital
Israel thanks Air India for rescuing its stranded nationals
Amid the coronavirus pandemic, An Air India special flight carrying 314 Israelis back to their country landed safely here on Thursday evening with many passengers carrying Indian and Israeli flags while deplaning.
Daily wage workers walk on Ring Road near Hyatt hotel for their homes in the nearby districts of Uttar Pradesh
A special train reached Kanpur Railway station carrying about 200 persons from Nashik, to their home state Uttar Pradesh
All passengers were screened at the station&underwent 14-day quarantine stamping with indelible ink on their hands.
IIT Kharagpur study explores urgent need for Covid-19 lockdown
IIT Kharagpur researchers have taken an initiative to carry out a study on travel and social distancing perspectives of Indian citizens during the recent outbreak of Covid-19, throwing light on understanding people’s psyche preparedness in case of a lockdown.