Facebook’s new Dark Mode in Messenger is Awesome
Facebook, in the last year’s Developers Conference, stated that they will come with an interesting Dark Mode for their Messenger app on both, Android and iOS devices. It seems like the new feature starts rolling out to Facebook’s Messenger and it looks pretty awesome.
The Dark Mode feature doesn’t come through an update or to change its settings, however, there’s a special trick which you have to apply to test out the Dark Mode feature in the Messenger. Here’s how you can enable the Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger on Android and iOS devices.
How to enable Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger?
- Step 1: Open the Apps menu and launch the Facebook Messenger app on a respective Android or iOS device.
- Step 2: Now, click the Emoji’s icon and select the Moon emoji from the list.
- Step 3: Send this Moon /crescent 🌙 emoji to anyone in your contact list.
- Step 4: Once you send the Moon emoji, you will be prompted with a message saying “You’ve found dark mode!” To try out this new Dark Mode, you will be asked to enable it manually by visiting the Settings. Click the Try it in Settings option from the same page.
- Step 5: When you select the Try in Settings option, the next screen will show you the Toggle button of the Dark Mode. Just slide the button to enable the Dark Mode in the Messenger for your profile.
Note: You can turn on the Dark Mode in Messenger app for your Facebook Pages and other profiles with the same steps.
That’s all you have to do to enable the Dark Mode option in the Facebook Messenger app. The Social Network giant has started rolling out this feature and gradually, they will make this feature enable with a dedicated button in the Settings menu. For that, you have to wait for their official update. They will bring this new Dark Mode option in the coming update.
For the latest tech news and updates Install TechnoCodex App and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.