Massive destruction weapon ‘Heavy Sniper Rifle’ has finally gone live for Fortnite: Battle Royale. A much-awaited weapon among one of the most lethal weapons ‘Sniper Rifle’. Epic Games has released a new Fortnite v5.21 update for PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch, and mobile, which bring a new ‘heavy sniper rifle’ and gameplay modes to the Battle Royale, and freshening up the challenges for Save The World modes. The v5.21 update was rolled out on August 15 at 1 AM PT / 4 AM ET / 8 AM BST.
Earlier StormShiedOne unveiled one of the most lethal weapons going to be included in the armory of Frontnite ‘heavy sniper rifle’ which is capable of shooting through the walls, damage hugely earning 157 points but reloading times is 2.7 seconds which is greater than the existing weapon in the game. The information regarding the data of heavy sniper was revealed in recent update Fortnite’s 5.10. In the 5.10 update with the introduction of new weapon Compact SMG destroying of walls was made easier.
The Epic Games has provided update 5.21 patch notes for Fortnite Battle Royale and the details are as follows.
- Limited Time Mode: Soaring 50s: Summary This mode is a twist on the traditional 50 vs 50 mode, featuring an extra emphasis on mobility. Gliders can be re-deployed when falling from large heights. Additional Impulse Grenades, Bounce Pads, and Launch Pads will be spawned throughout the map.
- 50v50 loot, ammo and resource levels
- When in mid-air and greater than 10m up, press Jump to deploy your glider
- Added Impulse Grenades to chests at double the standard spawn rate
- Added Impulse Grenades to floor loot
- Decreased Spike Trap spawn chances
- Increased Launch Pad & Bounce Pad spawn chances
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are not tracked in this mode.
Limited Time Mode: Sniper Shootout: In this limited time mode, players will do battle using sniper rifles. May the best aim win!
- Scoped Assault Rifles have been removed.
- The Heavy Sniper Rifle has been added.
- Only weapon drops are Sniper Rifles.
- Floor Loot spawns reduced by 50%.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
Weapons + Items
- Heavy Sniper added
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Each shot delivers devastating damage at the cost of a long reload.
- Deals 150/157 damage to players.
- These large rounds deal increased damage (1050/1100) to buildings.
- Projectiles fired from the Heavy Sniper have less bullet drop in comparison to other Snipers.
- Minigun – Minigun headshot multiplier has been reduced from 2.5 to 1.5.
- Grenades now properly grant progress for the Week 5 Challenge: “Deal damage to players with a Clinger, Stink Bomb, or Grenade.”
Art + Animation
- Cloth physics have been fixed and will now appear properly.
Save The World
Missions + Systems
- Weekly Horde Challenge – Bullet Proof Husks – Features bulletproof enemies that must be defeated with melee weapons, traps, or Hero abilities.
- One time completion Quest Reward – 1500 Gold
- Repeatable quest reward – 75 Tickets
- Removed the Power Rating restrictions on Challenge the Horde missions – These restrictions were blocking some players from accessing the Weekly Challenge Missions even though their Power Level was at the necessary level.
- Fixed an issue where the modifier between Challenge the Horde missions wasn’t appearing between waves.
- The Constructor Leadership quest will no longer fail to advance when purchasing the skill tree node.
- Atlas activation has been fixed in multi-gate Fight the Storm missions.
- Track completion now advances the mission properly in Level 28 Deliver the Bomb.
- Survivors and quest items no longer appear as orange boxes in the world.
- New Constructor Machinist: Thora added to the Event Store.
- Available Wednesday, August 15th at 8 pm ET.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Rocket Launchers to take up a large portion of the screen.
For latest tech news and updates follow TechnoCodex on Facebook, Twitter, Google+. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.