MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM For Redmi 4A Starts Rolling Out
Redmi 4A is the next smartphone from Xiaomi gets the latest MIUI9 update. The company has now started rolling out the MIUI 9 update for Redmi 4A smartphone. The budget-centric Xiaomi Redmi 4A was launched back in March 2017 with MIUI 8 based on Android Ma
rshmallow operating, later it was updated to Android Nougat 7.1 based MIUI 8.
The MIUI 9 update for Redmi 4A is based on Android Nougat 7.1.2 and weighs around 1.3GB, it carries MIUI 184.108.40.206.NCCMIEK However, do note that Xiaomi has released the update as a Nightly build, which means only selected users will be getting the new update to test for bugs and other issues before a wider public rollout is announced.
The MIUI 9 update for Redmi 4A also brings January 2018 security patch to the smartphone. It will bring several new features such as improved layout and readability search results in Contacts, improved battery usage feature and better blocklist rules with separated rules for each SIM card. Other improvements include new Gallery app, Calendar Cards, fresh UI changes, Mi Video App, search for apps in the settings of the dual app, Mi Drop app, Mi Mover app, new app vault features, and improved notification. split-screen multitasking, new animations, new themes and wallpapers, Quick Switch, screen recording and more.
Check out the highlights of changelog below:-
- New – Improved layout and readability for search results in Contacts (06-29)
- New – Virus scans and payment scans were merged into Security scan (06-29)
- New – Better blocklist rules with the possibility of separated rules for every SIM card (07-10)
- New – Switch for turning Battery saver automatically when charged (07-19)
- New – New display formats for update logs in Updater (07-25)
- New – Search for apps in the Dual apps settings (08-03)
- New – Mi Picks gets a new name and a new icon! Meet Apps! (08-21)
- New – Quick ball goes back to the edge after 3 seconds of inactivity (08-30)
- New – All-new Mi Drop (09-26)
- New – Mi Mover, supports data migration restarting. During migrating data to the new phone, device hotspot connection will be restored automatically in case of interruption to complete the data migration. (10-25)
- New – Simplified the UI (10-31)
- New – New App vault features: shortcuts, brief notes, and calendar events. (Supported on Android 5.0 or later). (11-07)
- New – New App vault features: shortcuts, brief notes, calendar events, and cricket. (Supported on Android 5.0 or later). (11-16)
- Optimization – Cleaner removes empty folders better now (07-10)
- Optimization – Protection from unintentional tapping for Dial pad (08-08)
- Optimization – Redesigned home page (08-24)
- Optimization – Devices with rare Bluetooth profiles are hidden in the device list (08-29)
- Optimization – Simplified and improved the design of the virus scan result page (09-07)
- Optimization – Hide free and incompatible themes in the list of the purchased items (10-10)
- Optimization – “Add to favorites” icon adjustments (10-24)
For latest tech news and updates follow TechnoCodex on Facebook, Twitter, Google+. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.