!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Mexico surpasses Italy’s death toll
Mexico recorded 276 additional fatalities and 4,482 new infections to bring its coronavirus death toll to 35,006, with 2,99,750 confirmed cases. Mexico trails the United States, Brazil and the UK in total deaths.
Ten million kids ‘may never return to school’
- Save the Children, a British charity, cited UNESCO data showing that in April, 1.6 billion young people were shut out of school and university due to measures to contain COVID-19 – about 90 percent of the world’s entire student population.
- It said the economic fall-out of the crisis could force an extra 90 to 117 million children into poverty, with a knock-on effect on school admissions.
- With many young people required to work or girls forced into early marriage to support their families, this could see between seven and 9.7 million children dropping out of school permanently.
WeWork says its back on track to profits
- An executive told the Financial Times that the New York-based company’s revival was ahead of schedule after cutting its workforce by 8,000, renegotiating leases and selling assets.
- The SoftBank-backed company was once hailed as a dazzling unicorn valued at $47 billion, before hemorrhaging cash and cancelling its share offering in 2019, with founder Adam Neumann pushed out.
The Congress party is united. It will stay so, and our government will complete its tenure by serving the people of Rajasthan as it is doing now. There is no reason for the BJP and its allies to rejoice
– Randeep Surjewala, Congress
Brazil’s coronavirus death toll surpasses 72,000
In the past 24 hours, 24,831 new cases and 631 new deaths were confirmed.
4.3 earthquake in Andaman & Nicobar
The quake hit 153 km north of Diglipur in Andaman and Nicobar, at 2:36 am, according to the National Centre for Seismology.
For the latest news and updates, follow us on Google News. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.