Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ Go on Sale for First Time in India Today
After the Global debut at MWC 2018, Samsung has launched the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ in India earlier this month. Both the smartphones are now available to buy via Flipkart, Samsung Shop, and retail outlets across the country. The Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB storage option comes with the price tag of Rs 57,900, and the 256GB option is priced at Rs 65,900. While the Galaxy S9+ comes with the price tag Rs 64,900 for the 64GB storage variant and the 256GB options is priced at Rs. 72,900. Both the smartphones are available in Midnight Black, Lilac Purple, and Titanium Gray colour options.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ Launch Offers
- Rs. 6,000 cashback for HDFC debit and credit card users.
- Rs. 6,000 cashback in the Paytm Mall on purchases made online and offline.
- Additional Rs. 6,000 discount on the exchange of an older Samsung smartphone.
- Airtel users can pre-book the smartphones from Airtel Online stores. They have to make a downpayment of Rs 9,900 and then users need to opt for a Rs 2,499 monthly plan for 24 months for the latest flagship device. Users will get 2TB of 4G data as well.
- Reliance Jio users can avail 1TB of data with unlimited voice & SMS for one year worth Rs. 15,000 at only Rs. 4,999.
- Vodafone users will get a free one-year subscription of Netflix on Vodafone Red plans starting Rs. 999 till April 30, 2018. Also, prepaid users who recharge with Rs. 199 get unlimited voice and 1.4GB per day and an additional 10GB free data every month for their next 10 recharges.
- Samsung has also partnered with Airtel and Reliance Jio to provide 4G LTE Carrier Aggregation on both the networks in select cities that promises up to 250Mbps download speeds.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ Design and Specifications
On the design front, the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ look almost similar to the last year’s Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+. However, the company had moved the misplaced fingerprint scanner to the bottom of the rear camera on the new Galaxy S9 9+. The bottom chin is also slightly smaller in size when compared to their predecessors.
Talking about specifications, both Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ runs on the Latest Android Oreo operating system with the all-new Samsung Experience UI on top. The Galaxy S9 comes with a 5.8” Super AMOLED display, while the Galaxy S9+ sports a slightly bigger 6.2” Super AMOLED display. IT is the QuadHD+ display with 2960 x 1440 pixels resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 18.5:9 aspect ratio, and HDR support. The Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ are powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor coupled with Adreno 630 GPU for US and China and Exynos 9810 for rest of the world. The Galaxy S9 offers 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage while the Galaxy S9+ offers 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, the storage can be further expanded up to 400GB via microSD card.
Talking about the cameras, the Galaxy S9 comes with a 12MP single camera. On the other hand, the Galaxy S9+ sports 12MP dual rear camera setup with a combination of a regular and a telephoto lens with dual OIS. The primary 12MP rear camera on both the devices will support all-new dual aperture, It will adjust between the f/1.5 or f/2.4 aperture as per the lighting condition. The devices will also support 4K video recording and 720p super slow motion at 960 fps. On the front, there is an 8MP autofocus selfie camera with f/1.7 aperture. Following Apple’s footstep, Samsung also brings AR Emoji feature, which adds Animoji-like animations to the Bitmoji’s custom stickers. Furthermore, users can create the 3D map of their face using the front-facing camera for animated emojis. These emojis can also be shared as GIFs on other messaging apps like WhatsApp and Messenger.
The Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ are fueled by 3,000mAh and 3,500mAh batteries respectively with Quick Charge 2.0 and wireless charging technology. There are also stereo speakers on the top and bottom tuned by AKG. Both phones are also equipped with security features like improved KNOX and Intelligent Scan that combines iris scanner and face recognition.The Galaxy S9 measures 147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5mm and weighs 163 grams. On the other side, the dimensions of the Galaxy S9+ are 158.1 x 73.8 x 8.5mm and its weight is 189 grams.
For latest tech news and updates follow TechnoCodex on Facebook, Twitter, Google+. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.