AirPods are a massive hit! Even after more than two years of their launch, they continue to remain popular. If you have AirPods are looking for useful hacks to get the most out of them, then read on.
Here are the top tips and tricks to help you boost your AirPods experience
1. Understand the Status Lights on the AirPods Case
When you look inside the AirPods case, you will see a status light wedged between the space for the AirPods. In case the AirPods are sitting inside, the light will reveal the charging status. Or else, the light shall reveal the case’s status. Different colors are for indicating different statuses.
- Green – Charged
- Amber – Case does not have sufficient battery to charge drained AirPods completely.
- White – The AirPods are all geared up to set up with other devices.
2. Use AirPods with Non-Apple Devices
The setup button is located at the rear of the AirPods case, and you can use it to connect your AirPods to any non-Apple device as well. Follow these steps:
- Put the AirPods in their charging case.
- Lift up the lid.
- Now, hold down the setup button located at the case’s rear.
- After that, wait for the status light to start blinking white.
- Now, just pair the AirPods by going to the Bluetooth Settings of the non-Apple device.
3. Have Siri Announce Calls on your AirPods
You can transform your AirPods into a handsfree headset by directly answering calls by tapping twice on either of the pods. However, do you want to find out who is calling you before you take the call? Well, just ask Siri to announce who is calling you. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- In the paired device, visit Settings.
- Tap on Phone.
- Select announce Calls option.
- After that, tap on Headphones Only.
- Now whenever you receive any call while your device is paired with AirPods, an announcement regarding the caller will be made.
4. Use Find My iPhone to Locate your Lost or Missing AirPods
Since AirPods are so compact in size, they can be easily misplaced. While they do not fall off when you wear them, one can tuck them inside their bag and then forget all about it. Scatterbrained folks should set up Find My iPhone by going to the Settings. After that, the connected AirPods will be searchable in the event that they lose them. When one touches the Actions option in Find My iPhone app, the AirPods will start beeping. This will enable you to locate them.
5. Swap and Charge
Are your AirPods low on battery but you do not have much time to charge them? Well, to boost the charging speed, just pop one AirPod into your ear, and let the other one charge. After some time, use the second AirPod, and place the first one in the charging case so that it can get charged. Since both of the AirPods come with mics, you can easily place calls via either of them.
6. Rename the AirPods
Want to customize your AirPods by giving them a fitting name? It will not only personalize it but also make it a lot cooler. Choose an unusual name for your AirPods and then follow these steps:
- In the paired device, go to Settings.
- Now, tap on Bluetooth.
- Hit the “I” icon located beside the AirPods’ name.
- Touch the name.
- Type in the new name.
- Hit the Done button at the bottom.
7. Modify the AirPods to improve the bass
While AirPods are handy, users often complain about the average audio quality. If you want to enhance the bass quality and crank it up a notch, then you will need to do some modifications. Just get some foam earbuds and add them to your AirPods. This will not only provide cushioning, but it will also increase the bass quality. An added benefit of this hack is that your AirPods will not get grimy and dirty. Just do not forget to pop in some holes into the foam earbuds, so that the sensors of your wireless earphones work as they should.
8. Set Microsoft to Just One AirPod
While the left and right AirPods both are packed with inbuilt microphones, only one microphone can remain active at the same time. As you deem fit, you may select which AirPod’s microphone you want to keep active. Here are the steps you need to follow to set mic to just one AirPod:
- Open the Settings app in the connected device.
- Now, tap on the Bluetooth option.
- Touch the “I” icon.
- Select Microphone from the list.
- Now, choose either Always Left AirPod or Always Right AirPod.
If you are a relatively new owner of AirPods, then you will definitely enjoy them after only a couple of uses. To enjoy them even more, make use of the tips and tricks given above.
For the latest tech news and updates Install TechnoCodex App and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.