TV licence: Thousands could qualify for a 50% discount on their bill – how to claim | Personal Finance | Finance


These documents include:
CVI (Certificate of Visual Impairment)
BD8 Certificate
A certificate or document issued by a Local Authority that shows they are registered as blind (severely sight impaired)
A copy of a certificate from an Ophthalmologist (eye surgeon), stating that they are blind (severely sight impaired).

They won’t need to provide this information again when they renew their TV Licence.

If a person or someone they live with is blind (severely sight impaired), regardless of their age, they can apply for a blind concession.
If they already have a TV Licence, but it isn’t in the name of the person who is blind, they’ll need to transfer the licence into their name.

They can do this by making a first-time blind application. They’ll just need to enter the existing TV Licence number for their address when they apply.

If the blind (severely sight impaired) person is under 18, a different process will apply.



Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! TechnoCodex is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment