Universal Credit claimants could receive an extra £156 each week – are you eligible? | Personal Finance | Finance


Britons suffering from an illness, disability or mental health condition could be eligible for this extra cash via Personal Independence Payments (PIP). PIP is usually paid every four weeks unless a person is terminally ill, in which case it is paid every week.

To be eligible, an applicant must have a health condition or disability where they have had difficulties with daily life for three months, and they expect the difficulties to continue for at least nine months.

PIP is aimed at helping people with a range of disabilities, including stress, anxiety and depression

The benefit is administered by the Department for Work and Pensions and is not means tested.

This means the payment is not dependent on a person’s income or savings.

READ MORE: ‘Going to change my life’: Pensioner in tears after boss gives her £16k towards retirement

There is no need to have worked or paid National Insurance to qualify for the support.

PIP is available for people over 16 and under state pension age.

Britons who may need help with preparing, cooking or eating food or managing their medication may want to consider applying for the benefit.

Other tasks can include:

  • washing, bathing or using the toilet
  • dressing and undressing
  • engaging and communicating with other people
  • reading and understanding written information
  • making decisions about money
  • planning a journey or following a route
  • moving around


This includes a reduction in their council tax or road tax bills and discounts on travel. People will need their PIP award letter before they can apply for this extra help.

This award letter is sometimes called a PIP award notice. It’s sent to claimants when the DWP has made a decision on their PIP application.

Some 500,000 more people will become eligible for Universal Credit this year. 

At the end of April, three million people across the UK were claiming PIP support, with some 35 percent getting the highest amount.

People can make a claim for PIP by contacting the DWP. More information can be found of the gov.uk website.



Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! TechnoCodex is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment