In case you missed the news, a new jailbreak has been released for iOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2. Its called Chimera and it comes to us form the Electra jailbreak team, led by Coolstar. The jailbreak has been a long time coming but, at long last, we have a utility that supports the latest A12 devices, something many others have failed to do.
One thing that is interesting about the jailbreak is that there is no support for Cydia or for Cydia Substrate. We are still awaiting news on whether there will be an update from Saurik to Cydia but, for now, this jailbreak has full support for Sileo and Substitute, enabling complete package installation and management features.
Read on for all the download details and features of this latest jailbreak.
How to Jailbreak Using Chimera:
Chimera has full support for all devices on iOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2, and that includes the latest iPhone and iPad devices. Before you install the jailbreak, please make sure that you take a full backup of all your data – while problems are rare, its best to be prepared in case anything goes wrong during the jailbreak.
Like many of the previous jailbreak releases, this requires Cydia Impactor, your computer, and your Apple ID/Password.
- Download Chimera Jailbreak onto your computer
- Next, download Cydia Impactor and open it
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your computer and let Cydia Impactor detect it
- If you see a Trust This Computer message on your device, tap Yes on it ( you might need iTunes open for this )
- When it has, open the location of Chimera on your computer and drag the .ipa file into Cydia Impactor
- Type your Apple ID and password in and, if an Expired Certificates message appear, tap OK
- Now Cydia Impactor will sideload Chimera jailbreak onto your iPhone or iPad
- When it’s done, open your Settings app
- Tap on General > Profiles and tap your Apple ID in the list
- Tap on Trust then tap Trust again on the popup message
Before you continue there are a couple of things you need to do:
● Disable your Passcode
● Disable Touch ID and or Face ID
● Disable Siri
When you’ve done that, reboot your device
- On your home screen, find ad tap the Chimera icon
- Tap the large Jailbreak button in the app
- The jailbreak process will begin, and your device may respring – do not touch it unless you are asked to by the app
- When it’s done, a message will appear, confirming that the jailbreak is successful
- Go to your home screen, and you should see the Sileo icon and the Chimere icon
- If the Sileo icon is not there, reboot and follow these last steps again to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad.
That’s it, and you now have a device jailbroken using Chimera jailbreak.
Chimera Jailbreak Features:
Chimera jailbreak brings a lot of great features to the table, including:
● Supports all iOS devices on iOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2
● Uses Sileo for package installation and package management rather than Cydia
● Includes CoreTrust bypass, making it faster and safer
● Also offers Chimera TV jailbreak for all Apple TVs on tvOS 12 to 12.1.2
● Stable jailbreak
● User-friendly and very easy to install
● Download all your favorite tweaks, mods, packages, apps and more
There is one thing to be aware of. Chimera jailbreak is a semi-untethered jailbreak utility – whenever you reboot your iPhone or iPad, for any reason, you will need to follow the second set of steps above to rejailbreak it.
Chimera is the first jailbreak in months that offers support for all the latest devices, and that makes it well worth trying. Download it and tell us how you get on with it.