Epic Games has released the Fortnite update 10.20 for PS4, Xbox One, PC, iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch. And the good news is that because this is just a content update, update 10.20 doesn’t require any downtime.
First of all, the latest Fortnite update 10.20 brings the Zapper Trap. This thrown consumable deploys a damaging electrical trap on both sides of a building piece making great damage to the enemy. This trap deal 50 damage by shocking enemy players who are within a tile of their face.
However, this Zapper Trap has been temporarily disabled in the Battle Royale by the Epic Games. This is because, after the update went live with the latest consumable, many players started complaining that they have been kicked out from the game.
“As we investigate the issue kicking players from matches, we have temporarily disabled the Zapper Trap,” reads an Epic post. “We will provide an update when the Zapper Trap is re-enabled.”
Apart from this, the Floating Island has returned to Fortnite Battle Royale with an update of 10.20. It can be found slowly making its way across the map and can be accessed via a low-gravity vortex.
The rest of the things in the update 10.20 can be seen below by the following patch notes.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
• Added the Zapper Trap.
• This item is a thrown consumable and occupies an inventory slot.
• On impact, the thrown object deploys a damaging trap on both sides of a building piece.
• Upon impacting terrain, it automatically builds a wall and then deploys a damaging trap on both sides of the wall.
• The traps shock enemy players who are within a tile of their face.
• Damage: 50
• The traps have a 1-second deploy time before they can be triggered.
• When triggered, the traps have a 0.5-second delay before firing.
• After the traps have fired, they have a cooldown of 2 seconds before they can be triggered again.
• Epic Rarity.
• Found from Floor Loot, Chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops, and Llamas.
• Drops in stacks of 2.
• Max stack size: 4.
• Floating Island
• The Floating Island has returned and is slowly making its way around the map!
• Though separated from the land below, it can be accessed via its low-gravity vortex.
From hotfix on August 27
• Removed the overheat sound from the Minigun.
• This was to address an issue in which the overheat sound would play longer than intended and/or incorrectly represent the overheat value.
From hotfix on August 28
• Made changes to Turbo Building. The details of these changes can be found in our blog post.
From server on August 29
• Resolved an issue in which the names of POIs would not appear on the map.
From server on August 31
• Resolved an issue with the B.R.U.T.E.’s air stomp.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechnoCodex App and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.