The long awaited update for PS4’s God of War has just been launched yesterday, August 20, 2018. This update has great big features and minimal ones that are exciting for those who patiently waited for this. This update allows the players to replay Kratos’ great grand adventure from the start with all of your equipment and skills untouched.
To play this God of War Game Plus update, you need a finished save file so obviously, you have to finish its story first, then start the New Game Plus. The game is just excitingly flexible for all of the players as you have an option to change its difficulty. There is nothing to be worried about as you can carry over a lot of stuff from your previous game into the New Game Plus. You can keep your armors and accessories, the equipments that you didn’t have equipped that has been kept into the inventory, Hacksilver, your skills, your extra attack and abilities that you have unlocked from the previous game, your upgrade to the Leviathan axe, and a lot more.
In the earlier mentioned game flexibility, some foes will appear as elites. Some other enemies will also scale up in level so expect to have an encounter to high-level foes that will make the game even more and further challenging. Don’t try take it too lightly as various enemies had their upgrade as well, some of them had their new attack patterns so you just better watch out.
Stop worrying too much about these enemy upgraded because you are getting yours as well. This New Game Mode actually added up some new exciting gaming experience. There are some new armors that has been set to forge, a more powerful variety of armors, talismans, and enchantments, and the new cool resource called as “skap lag” that will forge some rare gear to save up something for you.
A lot of new experience, a lot of new fun and enjoyment, that is what to be expected for the all-time favorite game.
Here are the patch notes as released by Sony Santa Monica in a blog post:
- Relive the adventure of Kratos and Atreus, while keeping all of your earned equipment and abilities. Start a new game with all of your armors, talismans, enchantments, Runic Attacks, skills, and yes, even weapons. [NG+ ONLY]
- NG+ is for everyone! Upon starting a NG+ game, you will be able to select your desired difficulty – no matter which difficulty you picked for your previous playthrough. Enemies will be levelled up accordingly, so choose the amount of challenge which suits you best. [NG+ ONLY]
- Explore new customization options with more powerful versions of existing armors, talismans and enchantments. Collect Skap Slag, a new resource used by our blacksmithing duo to craft Perfect rarity-level gear. [NG+ ONLY]
- Forge a handful of new armor sets for both Kratos and Atreus, including some with exciting new gameplay abilities, such as a chest piece which creates massive explosions whenever Health or Rage stones are stomped on. [NG+ ONLY]
- Push the boundaries of combat by converting certain talismans and armor sets into enchantments, creating combinations which are not possible in a standard playthrough. [NG+ ONLY]
- Enemies can now turn elite even on “Give Me a Challenge+” difficulty. Add a new dimension to combat, even if you don’t want the ultimate challenge on “Give Me God of War+”. [NG+ ONLY]
- Some enemies have new behaviors and attack patterns. Maybe you should see how you hold up against the Valkyries this time around? [NG+ ONLY]
- Test your skills on timed Realm Tears. Running away won’t help you against Hel-Vikens and Revenants (once you open a rift) anymore. [NG+ ONLY]
- Receive a new shield skin when starting a game on NG+. Unlock an additional one by completing NG+ on “Give Me God of War+” difficulty. [NG+ ONLY]
- Repeat the New Game Plus experience as much as you’d like by starting another NG+ game from one you’ve just completed. [NG+ ONLY]
- Engage the story the way you want to. Skip cinematics as you please on both standard and NG+ playthroughs by completing the story at least once. Experience the scenes again to catch secrets you might have missed, or simply jump right back into the action.
- Switch out your armor pieces as much as you like without worrying. Easily transfer all enchantments from one piece of gear to another in the menu with the push of a button.
- Many bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements, such as ensuring that Parry Attacks keep Kratos safe at all times, improving the Wrath of the Frost Ancient Runic Attack, fixing inconsistencies with how enemy attacks can be parried, and much more.
For latest tech news and updates follow TechnoCodex on Facebook, Twitter, Google+. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.