Last Updated: January 21, 2023, 20:04 IST
Ageing is a natural process that every person experiences in their life. As we grow old, our body changes in several ways. You may find that your skin is sagging and wrinkling, or your hair is turning grey and white in colour. Certain skincare products and cosmetic procedures may help in reducing the fine lines and wrinkles on your skin. One such solution is the use of Retin-A skin products.
Retin-A, also known as tretinoin, can be termed as one the most powerful ingredients in reducing all the problems related with ageing. It works to improve skin texture and tone, as well as helps your skin look young and healthy. Retin-A also reduces dark spots and pigmentation on the skin. Let’s get to know more about Retin-A and its use.
What is Retin-A?
According to Stylecraze, Tretinoin or Retin-A is a substance or solution belonging to the retinoid family, which is derived from Vitamin A. Retinoids are commonly used to treat acne, melasma and psoriasis. Using it on a regular basis may reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Many scientific studies revealed that Retin-A solution can act as a powerful anti-aging drug.
Anti-Ageing Benefits of Retin-A
Retin-A has excellent anti-ageing properties. Many people may feel dryness, redness or irritation on the skin, which can be a common side effect of retinoids. Daily application of 0.5 percent of Retin-A or tretinoin cream, not only promotes collagen formation but also improves skin tone and texture. It is also beneficial in developing new blood cells.
How to Use Retin-A for Anti-Ageing?
– To use the cream, gel or liquid form of this medicine, take a little amount on your fingertips or cotton pad, and apply it on the affected areas.
– Retin-A should not be used during the day time, rather it should be used before sleeping at night.
– Avoid using tretinoin with benzoyl peroxide. It should also not be used with other acidic products such as glycolic acid, salicylic acid and vitamin C.
– Cleanse your face before using Retin-A. Wait for at least 15 minutes before applying Retin-A with another skin product.
– When used correctly, tretinoin improves the skin cells.
– Retin-A can be used to reduce the ageing effects. Before using it on the skin, make sure to read all the information correctly. It is also as recommended to take expert advice.
Read all the Latest Lifestyle News here