When a user will install WhatsApp on a new phone, they will be given the option to link their account with another device via a QR code. Tap the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of the window to access the option.
Here’s how users can connect WhatsApp on two different devices
- Install and sign up for the latest WhatsApp beta version on both devices
- Log in and select the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of the app
- In companion mode, select the ‘Link a Device’ option to generate a QR code
- Go to Linked Devices in WhatsApp on your secondary device
- Scan the QR code that appears on the primary device
- Once the chats are synced, your WhatsApp account will be linked on both devices
To check the list of devices that are connected to WhatsApp, follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp on the phone.
- Tap the three-dot menu button on the upper-right corner, and then tap ‘Linked devices’
- The devices associated with your WhatsApp account will be displayed
- Unlink any device by tapping its name
What is companion mode in WhatsApp?
WhatsApp is rolling out a feature called ‘companion mode’, which will allow users to use the same WhatsApp account on up to four devices simultaneously. As of 220.127.116.11, the beta version of this feature is only available to a limited number of users.