The popular instant messaging platform Telegram has updated the app with all new features. The company has recently released a host of new features, such as spoiler-effect media (hidden media), improved space-saving methods for devices, new drawing tools, suggested profile pictures for contacts, and more. The firm previously released a Telegram update with No SIM signup, auto-deleting all chats, Topics 2.0, and additional new features.
Media with spoiler effect (Hidden Media) feature
WhatsApp’s rival, Telegram supports spoiler formatting to conceal any text. Now, you can also add a shimmering layer to photos and videos to blur the image. The company says it will only take one tap for your recipients to end the spell and view the content. The feature is now available for the latest version of Telegram on both Android and iOS devices.
Here’s how you can use this new feature to send hidden media to your friends and family:
- Update your Telegram app to the latest version.
- Open the Telegram app on your smartphone.
- Go to the conversation in which you want to share hidden media.
- Tap on the Attach button available in the bottom left corner.
- Select the media you want to share with a spoiler effect.
- Tap on the three-dot menu button and select the Hide with spoiler effect option.
- The media will be shared with a shimmering layer.
It is important to note that this new Telegram feature is different from WhatsApp’s ‘View Once’ feature as it only adds a shimmering layer to the media shared, and once the photo or video is viewed by the recipient, it is saved in the device. The received photo or video can also be further shared.
The ‘hidden media’ feature helps users share photos and videos with a spoiler effect, which can be used to surprise family and friends.