Microsoft Released Windows 10 19H1 build 18358 to the Fast Ring Insiders, Along with Windows Defender Application Guard Extension for Chrome and Firefox
Microsoft has released today the Windows 10 19H1 build for the Fast Ring. This is the second 19H1 build of Windows 10 that have been released this week for Windows Insiders on the Fast Ring.
In this build, Microsoft has tried to fix many bugs and issues, however, few of the known issues are still there. However, there are no new features added in this build, only major fixes have been done. Microsoft says they have resolved some issues related to Game Mode and has made some tweaks to improve the recoding performance of Games in this build. Here are the bug fixes that are made to build 18358.
FOR GAMERS: We have addressed an issue with Game Mode that may degrade game streaming and recording quality.
Here’s the latest on trying out our new Windows gaming technology:
Still haven’t had a chance to get the game State of Decay for free (for a limited time)? We’ve added even more slots! Whether you’ve tried it in earlier builds or haven’t had the chance yet, these instructions have everything you need.
Installed the Insider version of State of Decay already? We’ll be trying out another update later today. To get it, launch the Store app, click […] and then “Downloads and Updates”. Once installed, you shouldn’t see any difference in the game – it’s just a test update – but please let us know if anything doesn’t work!
We fixed an issue that could result in the thumbnails in Alt + Tab sometimes becoming offset.
We fixed an issue where certain upgrade paths could result in the contents of the Recycle Bin being left under Windows.old.
We fixed an issue resulting in upgrades failing at 18% or 25% and rolling back for some Insiders.
We fixed an issue resulting in some Insider experiencing green screens with error KERNEL_SECURITY_VIOLATION.
We fixed an issue resulting in some apps using the Windows Installer failing to install recently.
- Microsoft Store app updates do not automatically install on 18356+. As a workaround, you can manually check for, and install updates via the Microsoft Store app. Open Select “…” > “Downloads and updates” > “Get updates”.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- We’re investigating an issue preventing VMware from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds. Hyper-V is a viable alternative if available to you.
Known issues for Developers
* If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
Along with this, Microsoft has also mentioned in its blog post that they have released a Windows Defender Application Guard extensions for Google Chrome and Firefox to the Windows Insiders. The user who has this extension installed on its browser will be redirected to a secured Microsoft Edge session if he will be surfing an unauthorized site for extra protection.
This extension is already released for Windows Insiders and will be coming for everyone. However, this extension will be available only for the users having Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise version 1803 or newer.
For the latest tech news and updates Install TechnoCodex App and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.